Healthy Chocolate Brownies
Pre heat Oven to : 180 ⁰C / Gas Mark 4
- 2oz / 60g Unsweetened Pitted Dates Chopped
- 2oz / 60g Ready To Eat Dried Prunes Chopped
- 6 Tbsp Natural Apple Juice
- 4 Medium Eggs Beaten
- 5oz / 150g Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tbsp Low-Fat Drinking Chocolate Powder
- 6oz / 175g Plain Flour
- 2oz / 60g Dark Chocolate Chip
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat oven to 180⁰C / Gas Mark 4
2) Grease & line 7 x 11 inch cake tin with greaseproof paper
3) Put Dates, Prunes and Apple Juice in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, turn to simmer and cover for 10 minutes till soft.
4) Beat to a smooth paste with a spoon and set aside to cool
5) When cool, place into a mixing bowl and stir in the beaten eggs, sugar and Vanilla extract.
6) Sift Drinking Chocolate, Cocoa Powder and Plain Flour into the mixture and then fold. When nearly combined stir in the chocolate chips until well mixed in.
7) Spoon mixture into cake tin and smooth top. Bake on middle shelf for 25 - 30 minutes until firm to the touch and a knife inserted into centre comes out clean.
8) Leave in tin and cut into 16 bars or less If you want bigger brownies. Leave in tin to cool for 10 minutes, peel off the greaseproof paper and place on wire rack to cool completely.
Place in microwave 800 on high for 12 seconds and serve warm with Ice Cream. Yum!