Felt Succulent Display Tutorial
If you like succulents or know someone who does, then this pretty display of handmade felt plants would make an ideal gift.
You will need
- 4 Different Coloured Sheets of Felt
- 1 Wooden Box
- Pair of Scissors
- PVA Glue
1) Cut out a circle in felt as large or small as required. (To make a 5cm size succulent cut an 18cm diameter circle.
2) Mark out a spiral with a pencil
3) Cut along the spiral line and open.
4) Along the outside edge, cut your desired shape for the succulent edges. (Pinking shears are a good way to do this)
5) Starting from the outside edge begin to roll up the felt to form a succulent shape
6) Sew through the bottom of the felt, going right across from one side to the other to secure the felt in place.
7) To finish glue the completed succulents into the box of your choice.
8) We have displayed our succulents in a small wooden box frame. But you can make up your own display ideas. You could make just one large succulent and pop it in a flower pot and place it in the middle of a coffee table as an interesting centerpiece.
So have fun and be creative!
Send us your pics on Instagram as we would love to see what you have created. Just tag us @milesbydesign to share your designs.